Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Clone a Soldano SLO100
Clone a Soldano SLO100
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th July 2018, 01:19 PM   #1
blackwhaleamp is offline blackwhaleamp  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Default Clone a Soldano SLO100

Hi
I am about to build a Soldano SLO100 replica. I have everything, but the layout. My main issue is about the ground. This is a high gain dual channel amplifier, and if I start to mess around with the ground.

Usually, this is what I do

- Ground star 1: very close to the power plug to connect the ground cable
- Ground star 2: close to the input jack. From there I connect a bare cable that goes all the way on top of the POT. Every single ground from the preamp is connected there
- Ground star 3: close to the Power Supply. I put another bare cable that goes from the power supply to the power amp. Here I connect the power amp ground, Power Supply ground and center taps
- I also use blinded cables for the signals coming from the Input Jack and Master Volume.

So far, this works properly in every amp that I made (from 5W to 50W mostly with clean tone and some effects like Reverb and Tremolo). I got a super low hum, and everyone is happy with the tone.

The thing is that after reading the article that I attached about Grounding, I realized that I might introduced some ground loops in my circuit.

So I would like to know if anyone has some pictures from the layout of a real Soldano. I think this would be the best reference to take

Thank everyone
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Grounding.pdf (610.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: pdf slo-100_0_7.pdf (152.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: pdf slo-100_psu_0_8.pdf (80.7 KB, 18 views)
Old 12th July 2018, 08:07 PM   #2
voltwide is online now voltwide  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Looking at the schematics this baby seems to provide tons of gain.

I suggest it could be critical to get this stable - but I am not a dedicated tube expert.
Old 12th July 2018, 08:56 PM   #3
leadbelly is offline leadbelly  Canada
diyAudio Member

Clone a Soldano SLO100
There is a forum that specializes in cloning guitar amps that may or may not infringe on IP and may or may not have all the detail you're looking for.

Also, not sure if you realize a real SLO 100 uses PCB's for the small signal portion of the circuit?
Prove all things 1 Thessalonians 5:21

Last edited by leadbelly; 12th July 2018 at 08:59 PM.

Clone a Soldano SLO100Hide this!Advertise here!