Monoprice 15 watt tube amp problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
M Pro Audio Series 611815 15watt clone monoprice 15watt

I got this amp, its a Monoprice 15 watt 112 tube amp combo thats suppose to be modeled after the Laney Cub12R. There is a schematic online for the guts of this head somewhere if someone would kindly have a look.

So the story of this amp is, it was plugged in and running when an old vintage electric heater was plugged into the same socket outlet and turned on then something in the amp popped.

From what I was told after the amp popped from the electric heater event, these three areas were attempted to be repaired:

#1 The amps original R2 and R12 had stock units in it, but they looked a bit cooked and bubbled and were replaced with 1/4 watt carbon film standard 1k resistors.

#2 The F1 PTC6.0 30V 6A JK30-600 resettable fuse. That component was replaced with a jump wire, in an attempt to get the amp to turn on.

#3 With the amp like this, it kept popping the T500mA 250v glass fuse every time it was turned on. It never came on sense then.

Im new to tube amp repair. I know its very dangerous to work on them, and to stay away from metal parts when its plugged in and to avoid the filter caps, and always one hand in my pocket with shoes and socks on. And to unplug amp & bleed the filter caps and check with a multimeter to make sure they are empty BEFORE I attempt to work on a tube amp.

My question is, mainly about the two resistors. From the homework I did, the R2 and R12 are suppose to be replaced with a pair of flameproof 1k 1/2 watt fusible resistors. Is this right?

I figured thats what value I need for the pair because of the schematic and I measured the original resistors size and they were 3mm tall and 9.5mm long. I currently have the pair of R2 and R12 resistors removed from the board, the T500mA 250v fuse socket empty, and the F1 PTC6.0 30V 6A JK30-600 resettable fuse spot removed also.

These three areas are ready for the new parts. Im wondering if R2 and R12 are really flameproof 1k half watt fusible resistors. Is there any more measurements I need to know about these resistors in order to purchase the correct replacement parts?

And also after I install these parts, what if the amp still does not turn on?

I know this thread is almost 6 months old but it is one of the more relevant with regard to this particular subject. I joined the forum as a result; this is my first post. I am having a similar problem with fuses blowing upon power up.

I'm wondering how this turned out for you. Did your repairs solve the problem?

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.