bass guitar frequency range

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
unless it is a fretless with flatwounds i completely agree... for a modern unnatural sound i boost the mids in the 300 to 440 range... almost to smooth distortion.......... some "bark" with the bridge pickup.... or cut the mids use both pickups and boost bass and highs for slap pop lol i play bass too!!!

As someone whom has owned 3 Alembic basses, two Series 1, you are incorrect in your description of how the tone control on an Alembic works. I've also built clones of this circuit to put in other instruments. PA is correct in his description.

both is correct, as Alembic puts in pretty much anything you want to pay. Series I and II are equipped with lo pass filters, one per pickup with adjustable cutoff and switchable (Series I) or variable (Series II) Q whereas most of the more modestly priced models offer Standard hi and lo filtering

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.