Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Altec Lansing 1594C Mono Amp input help
Altec Lansing 1594C Mono Amp input help
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th March 2018, 05:32 AM   #1
Algernon Carruthers is offline Algernon Carruthers  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Altec Lansing 1594C Mono Amp input help

Hello- New to all of this and was scratching my head while trying to connect my Altec 1594C with my SAE 2100L preamp. The "Main Out" on the SAE is an RCA jack, but the input for the Altec is an "input Terminal Board". Are these units compatible, or am I trying to fit a square peg in a round hole? If they are compatible, what are suggestions for a work around? Please be nice- I know I have no idea what I'm doing!
Old 16th March 2018, 06:55 AM   #2
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

I am assuming you have + - and ground terminals. You need to wire an RCA cord to the + screw with shield on -. Probably will have to also link - to ground.
Old 17th March 2018, 04:19 AM   #3
PRR is online now PRR  United States
diyAudio Member

If you own this type Altec, you are expected to know how to wire, or have a contract for someone with wire-strippers.

As said, the instant hack is to cut one end off an RCA cable, strip the leads, wire center to "1" and shield to "2".

If you keep messing with this it will keep breaking. A next-up hack is a short RCA Female cable (you can actually buy these pre-stripped) lashed to a screw or strut on the Altec, plus a plain M-M RCA cable as usual.

The forever-fix is to bang a hole in the Altec and install an RCA jack, wired as above but internally.
Attached Images
File Type: gif RCA-Altec.gif (47.3 KB, 15 views)
Old 17th March 2018, 06:43 AM   #4
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

Nice touch, adding the drill to the graphic.

Altec Lansing 1594C Mono Amp input helpHide this!Advertise here!