selecting reverb tank impeadances for circuit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I picked up a little 10w Ross RG10 pratice amp i might and discovered the same pcb seems to be used for the 25 RGR reverb version so Im going to build in the reverb driver circuit.
problem is I dont know what tank impedance's the circuit requires or if it could be adjusted to suit one of the spring tanks i already have?

Im more good with the mechanics of things, not so good the maths and formulas so if some one could have a glance at the RGR 25 schematic and make any suggestions to what the impedance's would be for the in/out on the tank and weather the in/out should be grounded or isolated rca's that would be great, thanks

Attachments

• 1 ross rg 10.jpg
    1 ross rg 10.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 111
  • 1 ross RGR-25.jpg
    1 ross RGR-25.jpg
    895.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Those two plans have similar preamps but very large differences.

Top right: RG10 has a chip (triangle) power amp; RGR25 has a 7 discrete transistor power amp.

Bottom right: RG10 has a single-rail supply, RGR25 has a dual-rail supply (drawing could be more obvious).

What evidence do you have that *your* PCB has holes for reverb circuit?

Those two plans have similar preamps but very large differences.

Top right: RG10 has a chip (triangle) power amp; RGR25 has a 7 discrete transistor power amp.

Bottom right: RG10 has a single-rail supply, RGR25 has a dual-rail supply (drawing could be more obvious).

What evidence do you have that *your* PCB has holes for reverb circuit?
sorry your right, i didnt even look at the Ross rg10 schematic. it was the 15 watt version that had the reverb as an option. I was looking at photos of the pcb's online because i picked up the 10watt version cheap to save building another reverb driver and ps. I hadnt had a close look at it yet......... scrap this idea,
i done this layout for a reverb driver a few years back so will probably just build another.

Attachments

• lm386 reverb driver layout.png
    lm386 reverb driver layout.png
    179.4 KB · Views: 60
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.