Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Laney EA120
Laney EA120
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th February 2018, 10:57 AM   #1
Carlosraj is offline Carlosraj  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Laney EA120

Hi

I am having a problem with channel 1(accoustic) of this amp. Channel 2, which is the 'electro" channel works fine. When I set the volume at about below 50%, there is totally no sound. When I start to increase the volume, approx at 3/4 of the full setting, suddenly the sound comes out. Then if I off and on, it works as normal but if I leave it off for more than 30minutes, then when I on back the amp, the problem repeats ( no sound at low volume). I tried resoldering the whole board (channel 1), but no difference. Can the problem be with the inverter IC (CD4069). Please assist.

Thanks

Carlos
Old 13th February 2018, 11:07 AM   #2
JonSnell Electronic is offline JonSnell Electronic  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Check the contacts on SKT2 return socket for acoustic.

Laney EA120Hide this!Advertise here!