Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Instruments and Amps Everything that makes music, Especially including instrument amps.

Ideas for next build
Ideas for next build
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd January 2018, 09:13 AM   #1
DrFireBottle is offline DrFireBottle  Montenegro
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to DrFireBottle
Default Ideas for next build

I have been long gone because i had a lot of things to fix, and I actually got into transistors that I have never explored. Started building pedals, fuzz, chorus etc.
After that I got into recording because my dad owns a recording studio and actually started to be lost in making limiters, compressors etc.
My next goal is Urei 1176 for my recording needs.

Basically I got stuck in a transistor world and "bit of left" tubes behind.
What good tube project do you recommend, I was thinking of an little SE amp but more of a "Vox" style. Have ton of British 6CW5, 6AQ5 Mullard, and late 60's Svetlana ECC88's, will that do in a AC4ish amp.

Also I have 2x EF89's by TeleFunken, will that do as a pre amp section instead of EF86's, and if in any way possible avoiding EF89 and putting ECC88 and still "nailing" that Vox tone?

Last edited by DrFireBottle; 2nd January 2018 at 09:21 AM.

Ideas for next buildHide this!Advertise here!