Off the shelf SMPS to be used in a 100W guitar amplifier design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm designing a compact but relatively high power guitar amplifier and am looking at power supply options. I could use a nice simple traditional linear supply with a big toroid but it's bulky and I think SMPS would be neater.

That said, I don't want to design my own SMPS for this project and so am looking at off the shelf solutions. There seem to be a few out there:

Connex High Efficiency Switched Mode Power Supply 300W / 72V. Trusted UK Seller. | eBay

or the cheaper:

500W +/-65V Amplifier Dual-Voltage PSU Audio AMP Switch Power Supply Board New | eBay

Has anyone used any of these or could recommend an alternative product? Ideally it'd have a +/-45V rail.

Cheers,

iep

Hi Enzo,
Sorry, yes, that is the single ended variant but it is available in +/-45V too.

I'm just curious if anyone has used these or something like them for Audio. Having done a bit more digging, if I'm prepared to sacrifice power, I guess I could use a pair of Mean Well IRM 60 24s.

Cheers,

iep

Here in Germany I've found and bought open frame SMPS modules of the same ratings as your Meanwells, but for only about € 5/ea. They can be series connected without any problems, thus giving ±48V rails, good enough for ~120W @ 8 ohms load.

Of course, for only 30W one pair would be sufficient.

Btw, do you know whether these Meanwells can be series connected without issues?

Best regards!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.