Roland Micro Cube schematic needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I still can't find a schematic for the Roland Micro Cube amplifier---tried the links above, no help. Anybody got?
Even if you get it, which I doubt, you will NOT be able to home build one, sorry
:(

It´s all a digital nightmare (for a home builder) , just check the preamp:

input_pcb.jpg

I still can't find a schematic for the Roland Micro Cube amplifier---tried the links above, no help. Anybody got?

Schematics aren't gonna help you on a cracked board/input jack repair.
Read the link I provided before carefully, they show how they've worked on a similar repair and that could help you a lot more than any schematic.

I work maintenance, and I pretty much never use a schematic for repairs, because in most cases, there isn't one available. Sometimes, I have to draw the circuit myself to figure out some issues, but this doesn't seem like the case for your issue.

If you need help, get some GOOD QUALITY photos of the damage (both sides of the board, the input jack itself, etc), post them here, and we might be able to direct you in the correct path for this repair.

I'm not the original poster; just looking for a schematic to see how they did things, and to pick a point to add a Class-D amp & maybe disable their power section to save power....... I did write to Roland and requested a schematic.....probably no hope, but worth a try.....we'll see......

I'm not the original poster; just looking for a schematic to see how they did things, and to pick a point to add a Class-D amp & maybe disable their power section to save power....... I did write to Roland and requested a schematic.....probably no hope, but worth a try.....we'll see......

Okay,my apologies for that assumption.

The easiest way to find the power amp chip is looking where the speaker connection goes to. Also, check the headphone output and see where that goes. If it's not connected to the output of the power amp, you could use it to connect into your Class-D amp of choice.

...looking for ...a point to add a Class-D amp & maybe disable their power section to save power
A friend has a Roland Microcube. He wanted to use the effects and models in it with a different external guitar amp. I tried the simplest solution, running a standard 1/4" guitar cable from the Microcube's headphone out jack to the input jack of the other guitar amp.

It works reasonably well. The Microcube's internal speaker cuts out when you plug into its headphone jack. The Microcube's internal power amp is most likely still drawing quiescent current, but that should be a lot less than its current draw when it's driving the internal speaker.

-Gnobuddy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.