Amp Footswitch Advice Needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,
This is my very first post even after doing DIY for many years.

I have a Crate g212xl amp that I just resurrected from busted pots and a cracked solder joint on the pcb, and it is sounding sweeter than ever.

My current situation is that I have had the hardest time finding the channel select/effect footswitch and just decided that I wanted to build it.

I just can't find a wiring diagram that works for it. I have tried many styles and somehow it doesn't work.

I found the schematic for the amp:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8343852@N04/33375309363/in/album-72157679706284253/

and I saw a section that seems like it might be the footswitch, but there are a LOT of components.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8343852@N04/33375319833/in/album-72157679706284253/

I would appreciate if someone would let me know if that is the actual wiring schematic for the foot switch, and can you confirm if it really contains THAT many components, or am I looking at the schematic of the board.

Is this a hard build or an fairly easy one? I have done a lot of repairs that building and soldering, so I am ready for the challenge.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated!

Aloha,
Harold

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
You've posted to the right place, sometimes it just takes the people with the answers a bit of time to find the thread. Sometimes no one has the answer to the question you asked. I've had that experience too, which can be frustrating.

I can recommend that you post your pictures to the forum so that external links are not involved.

SOLVED!!!

Well I also found the right schematic also, It was quite a search and while waiting and scouring the internet I found it!!!
So I soldered it up and it is working like a charm!
Thank you to all of those who tried to help this posting noober! LOL

Have a great time DIY'ing

Thank you Gnobuddy!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 9.14.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 9.14.24 PM.png
    104.3 KB · Views: 59
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.