Marshall VS30R

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You don't often see mods for valvestate amps, and I've not seen schematics for the VS30R. One thing worth doing is to replace the cheap 12AX7 with something better. Either NOS or the resurrected Mullard brand would be recommended.

Sent from my LG G2 with CM13 using Tapatalk

Most Marshall VS (ie ValveStste) amps actually contain a valve :) As this one is pure SS, the score for mods is greatly reduced. You could maybe try dealing in lower noise opamps or audiophile caps (maybe bigger filter caps), but the improvement in sound would probably be quite small. Probably, a better speaker would give you the most noticeable improvement

Sent from my LG G2 with CM13 using Tapatalk

I have often had C20/21 low value but that is all. The reverb hum is inherent in the layout due to earth/ground loops/poor screening on the reverb return line unless someone has changed the tank and used the wrong impedance output coil.
The ICs used don't suffer from hum issues so even if the +-v supply to them is very noisy, you will not get any hum.
Your note about modification _ it's a Marshall, what do you expect! The TDA2050 is ideally left alone.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.