where to begin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi,
ive been playing guitar for bout a year and abit now and it has re kindled my interest in electronics. i qualified as an electronic technician then gave it up for catering 15 years ago (long story...i now own a pizza bussiness :)) my teachsr only usses valve stuff and i love the tone when i plug in to his stuff. i managed to buy a veryold hacker 10-15w valve amp of him ,...Love it!
but it likes to be pushed so iwas thinking of building a pre amp for it! long term i want to build a good valve amp and cab.

when i read the posts though its all figures and numbers and 66s this and mullard that. is there any sites that have a realy good buiders guide to valve amps maybe even including pictorials.
iam buying "the tube amp book" by "aspen pittman" as it seems to cover all the marshal,fender, mesa etc amps in it, but iwould like to start with a nice small valve project first so iget the feel for valve way.

thanks in advance for any suggestions

ps any one know of a good schematic program that converts to veriboard?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.