Troubleshooting a Fender Champion 600

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a fender Champion 600 - it's not working. It took a pounding one night when I loaned it to a band that overloaded it repeatedly for a long time till it was dead. While it turned on, it made no noise. I replaced the valves and now I get a noise, but it is just "noise" when the input signal is loud enough to make the noise.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ucjndmwfbtua43v/Champion600_Output.mp3

Thats the noise coming direct out of the amp output before it goes to the speaker. It makes the same noise if I connect the speaker, so I'm pretty sure the speaker is still intact.

Does anyone have any ideas or pointers before I get a multimeter and schematic out?

You shouldn't run the amplifier without a load/speaker connected to it.

When you say it took a pounding and that the band overloaded it what do you mean?

I have seen a bunch of these blow the 6v6, check the screen resistor while your in there.

Mods will probably move this to instruments and amps section where it belongs :cop:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.