Russian 1Zh24B Pentode / design assistance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got a few of these tubes and I would like to use them to design a pre-amp for my electric guitar. The problem is I have 0 experience with tubes and don't know how to start with the design. I am down with the basic theory but need some guidelines or helpful links. Thanks!

The problem is I have 0 experience with tubes and don't know how to start with the design.

You can use them in either pentode or triode connection.

Plate curves for pentode connection:
Russian Subminiature Tubes

Plate curves for triode connection:
1Ж24Б, Tube 1Ж24Б; Rohre 1Ж24Б ID19748, Vacuum Pentode

Pentode connection will provide gain of about 100. You can use low voltage circuit values from EF86 or E80F RC-coupled data sheets.

Connected as triode, 1J24B has mu=20, so within its limitations, it is somewhat similar to 12AU7 and 6SN7. You can look for circuits using these tubes at low B+ voltages and plate currents.

Limiting values: Ua=120V, Ug2=90 V, Ik=1.6 mA, Pa=120 mW.

1J24B is a directly heated tube designed for battery heating, and this is how it should be used. Heater voltage is 1.2 V and heater voltage is 13 mA. Filament bias is the best option with such heater.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.