Guitar Amp 12au6-Possible Gain Increase?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That layout is identical 100% to mine, even the chassis is the same. I think the varicap's may short out as the rubber that separates the screw from the top plate breaks down. Mine is a tweed cab, but very similar chassis, the webers are very nice and much much louder and efficient than the original speakers. Your amp is identical to mine electrically, even down to the green resistor, but mine has sprague black beauties and brown malroy's, so maybe different production dates. The solution is the same as mine, do not mod it, but some 12aw6's for more grind and gain or get some smooth telefunken 12au6's as I love mine over all the 12au6's I tried... and buy a boost or use some high output humbuckers. Great find dude, but get an iso tranny they're only like 13 bucks on mouser and could save your life. Also, replace those filter caps!!! Yikes, thats why you still have hum.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.