The Alesis SR16 warning

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
They can be had for about $80 on ebay and Alesis is still offering "reconstituted" ones on their website. The drum samples are still very useful if one needs an acoustic drum emulation but there are two shortcomings. There is no hihat foot closing and there is no headphone out. You'll need to use a separate headphone monitor source while programming the unit.

You sure? My SR16 has a jack in back labelled "Headphones".

One thing that you could say about the SR16 is that when "Alesis" came out with the SR16s replacement, the SR18, people took one look and said "I'll take an SR16, please".

Me among them.

PS I wish I still could use an HR16, speaking of natural drums. They sounded so perfect in a song. But those HRs were kind of a maintenance problem with those buttons...

Alesis SR16 features

Mine from 1990 has a mini jack marked tape in and out. Now I'm confused. Yes indeed, the HR16 was wonderful. I moved on to the D4 and then the DM5 from Alesis but again found a major shortcoming in both. Neither had a stereo line input to play along with CDs or cassettes.
I doubt Alesis would release a unit with a mini 1/8th inch stereo heaphone jack. Now of course most drum units have the mini jack. The budget Zoom MRT has the regular 1/4 inch headphone jack. Now I'm curious to see if that jack can feed headphones. Thanks for the reply.

This is really getting interesting.

I lit up Google Images for a look at the back panels, and some of them have the four output jacks:
Main Left, Main Right, Aux Left, Aux Right.

A few of them (and mine) have
Headphones, Main Left, Main Right, Aux L/R .

I don't know whether mine was early or late. I think late, because that's the way the SR-18 was. It gives me the creeps. I disliked the SR-18 so much I'd hate to think that my SR-16 was contaminated by association...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.