100w Guitar Amp based on 2SC3280 (2SC5200)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to all, my first post here, I'm Luca from Italy.

I'm looking for a chip amp to build a guitar amplifier, and after a lot of internet surfing I've found this project: Construya un Amplificador de 100 vatios monofonico

At the end of the page you'll find a further link to download a pdf with schematic, pcb and part list.

Anyone know this circuit?

I would like to start to build it, and I would like to make a porting of this schematic to a veroboard.

Any recommendations are welcome!

Thank you in advance!

From experience , a 100W with only a couple output devices work safety with a split power supply about 35V , meaning 100W @ 4 Ohm - 50W @ 8 Ohm . First link states a split power supply about 46V , this is more than 100W @ 8 Ohm (a 4 ohm is proibitive) , but also a 8 ohm speaker could easily go down to 6 Ohm on some frequencies leading power devices out of SOA :( and fireworks!

If you go for the first linked project , use a split power supply about 35V DC (40V at idle)

Thanks for your reply, I'll start to draw the schematic on fritzing to get a stripe board layout. Concerning The preamp, I would like to build something simple with a tone control only... But first I need to have the power amp buildt and working.

There are some sw better than Fritzing?

If you are intending to use stripboard then this program https://code.google.com/p/diy-layout-creator/ is ideal and free. It will also enable you to produce regular PCBs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.