Preamp for guitar - low distortion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The simple answer is to build it as you would a good audio pre-amp i.e. design it so that it doesn't overdrive. So any good design for handling a CD input would do the job nicely. I guess you should include a nice tone control setup - for clean channels I tend to use the James variation as included on Duncan's tone design app. as it has the most range. I would also build in more gain than a CD input would really justify but it's not compulsary.

BTW, I often use a little ECL82Se stereo amp for playing guitar through when I want it very clean - and , yes, I use my stereo speakers too. The tone is wonderful - the true sound of the guitar and pickups. Drawback is that it shows just how good or not your finger work is :angel: {or in my case :( as my finger work is poor - what do you expect I'm really a bass player:clown: }

ciao

James

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.