Boss Super Shifter Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently picked up a Boss PS-5 Super Shifter that won't power up, from Ebay.
After opening it, I found that someone else had previously attempted a repair.
Part of their "repair" was to remove IC8. Does anyone have a schematic or other information? Thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks for the reply Enzo, and for so many of your replies to other people's questions that have answered questions for me before I have had to ask.
Unfortunately, when I run this search, Google images will show many schematics, but as I click through them, none of them are actually for the PS-5. After hours searching, the only documentation I have found is the user's manual and demo videos. I'm hoping someone here has the schematic, a picture of the board, or maybe even that someone would be willing to crack open their pedal and read me a part number.
Thanks again!

The PS5 is an intelligent harmonizer so it should use a sort of DSP to detect pitch an generate the harmonized note. It's not a simple device and find a schematic would be very hard...
Number of pins of IC8 and package? DIL , SIL , SOIC ecc
Hope it isn't the DSP processor or you can trash the unit...

I don't expect it is anything as significant as the DSP. A picture is worth a thousand words though, so have a look...

Attachments

• 2013-03-08_21-59-21_798.jpg
    2013-03-08_21-59-21_798.jpg
    554.4 KB · Views: 138
Uhm IC8 seems buruned :) I think it's a voltage regulator due to the fact it has only 3 PIN and is an Ic (not a transistor or mosfet) , so can be a sort of voltage regulator to provide supply to DSP 3.3 or 5 don't know...Can you read anything on it?

Last edited:
Sorry , i've just looked at stomoboxzone and seems a user report it as a
S-8520E33MC-BJS-T2
A PWM regulator to provide 3.3V .. it's hard to find :(
If you can find the part then fix is easy , only other solution is to use a lineare voltage regulator bypassing this part of the circuit , easy if you are experienced ..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.