6V6 guitar amp...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is my version of the Fender Princeton guitar amp. Basically changed the power supply and replace the exsisting tone stack with a gibson style. I remeber reading a post by someone who recommanded these changes. Thanks whoever you are. It is a great little guitar amp, I highly recommand it. I am currently using a old Fender 10" alinco speaker but also have a Vintage 30 Celetion that I would not mind trying.

Anyone have any recommanded changes?

Guiness

Attachments

• fender 5f2 v2.jpg
    fender 5f2 v2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 462
I always thought the fender-style tonestack was superior to gibson's, but i guess guitar is a lot about personal preference.

a lot of the little SE fender amps melt the **** out of their 6V6's (ie. ~350 volts), so keeping a 6V6 within ratings (305v) may change the sound some... but it is more friendly to the tube.

You could try ripping off the termolo section of a bronco or something like that, for fun.

http://www.ampwares.com/ffg/schem/bronco_ab764_schem.gif

i'm not sure how the tremolo effect on the bronco sounds.. ive never heard it. but it could be intresting.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.