Fender Pro Junior Tube Set Up...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good day all,

I fear my ignorance in the field of electronics may attract some well deserved scorn from those more advanced than myself... But I'm just starting out in the fascinating world of tube amps and I GOTTA ASK A QUESTION!

After reading many things about the tubes in my new Pro Junior amp, I wanted to reduce the hum, and increase the clean headroom because it was too noisy - with 2 sovtek 12AX7s in there. All things pointed towards getting a lower gain tube in the V1. I got a 5751 JAN GE but the hum was ridiculous... Even worse, totally unusable... So then I swapped them around with the 12AX7 in the V1, and the 5751 in the V2 and the hum is completely gone and the amp sounds great.

I'm really keen to know what exactly is the reason for this, if anyone out there feels this is a perfectly acceptable set up or indeed if I have committed an unforgivable sin and may expect to experience any problems down the line!

Thanks for reading,

Tom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.