Finished AX84 Hi-Octane

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

I've just finished the AX84 Hi-octane in an open baffle combo box with 10" Jensen CH-MOD 10/35. I'm verry pleased with the sound on lead (distorted) and also on clean switch position whitch I installed. Here are some photos of finished combo.

Cheers Boštjan

Attachments

• Lampa 1.jpg
    Lampa 1.jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 107
  • Lampa 2.jpg
    Lampa 2.jpg
    459.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Lampa 3.jpg
    Lampa 3.jpg
    488.4 KB · Views: 97
Where does the tube heat get out? It looks like it traps the rising heat like a hot air balloon until the chassis turns into an oven. Usually the back board leaves a gap at the chassis for hot air to escape. I guess they must not get that hot?

Now you need to find one of those places that laser-etch a nice faceplate. And eventually make a classy grillecloth frame.

I've got to look into the ax84 cooperative again...

I built the AX84 HiOctane too! Only the head because i've some celestion loaded cabinet to play with...
I added a send return circuit (all tube based) and a push pull design with EL84 giving 12W rms.
Clean is really warm and is easy to go into saturation zone , i've done some mod to the tone control section because distortion sound was to fizzyng !

Nice build man! What do you use for finishing/black wood?

For the heat related issue , you can just use a black metal grill instead of the svrewed wood panel on the back...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.