LM1876 arduino mute

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey guys

i am waiting for my arduino MEGA to arrive in a few days.

i need to switch a bunch of LM1876's op amps on/off. they have mute pins that mute the signals passing through by receiving 2.5v.

so i figured i could use the arduino pins to switch an array of amps on/off.

however, my question is - do i need to put some kind of resistors inbetween or something to avoid drawing too much power/frying my arduino while muting 10+ LM1876's??

i should add, by default ALL AMPS WOULD BE MUTED AT THE SAME TIME - meaning id continuously be sending 5v through at least 10+ pins most of the time.

also, another question - i have never tried the LM1876's mute function - its instantaneous, right? im building a musical instrument, so if the mute function is delayed, its useless.

thanks!

hey tauro

im worried the mute pin might draw to much power from the arduino. the I/O pins of the arduino are limited to 40mA / 20mA reccommended!

and for some reason i cannot get the mute pin to work anyway, using a 5v battery to mute pins and ground. weird huh?

plus i need a latency free mute switch, and im not sure if the LM1876 mute pin works instantly... does anyone have experience with this chips feature?

Hi,
Just to let you know that I am using a NANO micro to control the speakers output and also the mute of my LM3886 amplifier. Since the mute in the LM3886 it is negative and for isolation I am using a solid state relay LH1546. It worked with no noisy whatsoever.Just clean in the ON/OFF.

Hi,
Attached is an schematic on to do the input selection switching. This is an idea how to do it. It use 2 I/O pins from the Arduino micro.

Attachments

• input selection switching.jpg
    input selection switching.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 124
Hi,
At the beginning I was unable to follow the circuit since you over look that pin 1 it is the one with the square. You have to turn around the socket or leaving it like it is just cosmetic. Are you trying to switch audio no? I was thinking that you was trying to mute the LM1876. The NJM2521 what it does is to select one output from three inputs. I just want to verify that were are in the same track.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.