guitar amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Learning English is good thing. And a hard thing. No need to be sorry. :)
(My daughter teaches English as a Second Language.)

The diagrams for an amp are called "schematics". We know what you mean, but "schematics" might help in a Google search.

I'm not sure what you mean by "high frequency", though. That could mean the input power, like the 220 volts used in England, or the output, like for tweeters, but guitar amps don't use tweeters?

Please explain more so we can help you.

Thank for replying in such sort notice... I`m trying to build amplifier for my guitar (i have a acoustic guitar and I also have a magnet for acoustic guitar) so I would like to build amplifier for electro acoustic guitar, but I can`t find any schematics for it.. My input power is 220V but I need an amp with 40W of output power if that is possible... Treble amplifier is amplifier that I need to build... I hope that this time I was well explained ...Again thanks

I'm guessing you want a clean, larger audio band amp, to reproduce the acoustic guitar faithfully. Not a typical guitar amp and speaker that does little over 4kHz.

Probably the best thing to do would be build a chip amp. Just a mono one. That is a very easy build.

More importantly you will need a pre amp for your guitar.

There are several types of pickups ("magnets") for acoustic guitar, and we would need to know what kind you have. Piezoelectric are common, but you saying magnet makes me think you have a magnetic coil. You will probably also want a tone stack.

I'm guessing you want a clean, larger audio band amp, to reproduce the acoustic guitar faithfully. Not a typical guitar amp and speaker that does little over 4kHz.

Probably the best thing to do would be build a chip amp. Just a mono one. That is a very easy build.

More importantly you will need a pre amp for your guitar.

There are several types of pickups ("magnets") for acoustic guitar, and we would need to know what kind you have. Piezoelectric are common, but you saying magnet makes me think you have a magnetic coil. You will probably also want a tone stack.
you are reading my mind.. i don`t know what kid of my magnet is but i will find out..than`s but do you have any schematic for that kid of amp?? Thanks

Just checked and you are right.
Looks like that server allows a just couple downloads a day to avoid abuses (fine with me) and every time somebody opens this post it counts as a new one.
Oh well .
I've downloaded it and added some descriptions.
Depending on your guitar pickup type, you'll need to build one or the other ... or build both for flexibility.
Use 1 or 2 channels + the mixer/tone control to drive any regular power amp you have.
Its power supply will have around +/-25 to +/-30V rails; you can get the 12V needed for the preamp with a 1K 2W resistor and 12V to 16V 1W Zener.
The preamp output is attenuated with R26 because the TDA2005 is very sensitive, do not use R26 with a regular power amp.
peaveysolo.gif
Well, that's about it.
Ask any doubt you have.
You will have to design a PCB for the preamp or build it on perfboard.
Note: use a TL072 instead of the RC4558 and replace R10 with 1M .

EDIT: build the LM3886 , which, besides, is easy to build and available in kit form; the other 2 are obsolete.

EDIT2: if you "lose" this circuit or want an un edited copy for printing, search and download "Peavey Solo Schematic"

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.