Marshall avt20 problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys. I'm new here and am trying to get some info about my amp problem. I am new to tube amps and a friend gave me a marshall avt 20 not working. I noticed the pin to the positive speaker lug came loose so I resoldered it. Still nothing. I'm getting power and I notice the leds coming on when I push the od switch. I was thinking that the loose speaker connection could have caused me to blow a resistor since I read that you can't run these things without a load. None of the resistors look burned though. Any advise on what to check?

Hey,
Note this is a solid state amp. AFAIK it only has a single 12AX7 in the overdrive circuit. Think you should seek help in the "Instruments & Amps" forum.
Since it is a solid state amp, is it ok to have it on without the speaker load? Also, if the tube is in the overdrive circuit, does the clean channel bypass the tube? I'm not sure if the tube is good and I want to know how to test it or eliminate it as the problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.