Trace Elliot AH300-7 power issues Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Trace Elliot AH300-7 that I just bought used. Everything on it has been working fine until yesterday's practice.

In the middle of playing the sound cut out on it. The front lights, light up and the power switch in the back is lit up as if it is on. The fan does not spin now and there is no sound coming out of the amp. Bandmates think it could be a fuse, I pulled it but it is not a clear fuse so I cannot tell if it is blown. It is white.

Off to try and find a fuse today. Anyone have any ideas if it could be something else? I have searched Google all last night and this morning and can't find an answer. Any help is appreciated.

Hi Guys

Try another fuse but do not use a higher value than originally specified. If it blows too then take the amp to a qualified tech. This amp has higher voltages than typical guitar ad bass amps - 7-800V compared to 500V - high enough to be lethal!

Like most 6550 amps, this one has low-value screen resistors that should be replaced with 1k-5W each. This will keep the amp from eating tubes.

Always make sure there is lots of air flow around the amp. You cannot rely entirely on the fan to keep it cool.

Have fun
Kevin O'Connor
londonpower.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.