Laney LV100 with Celestion or HH

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to get me a Laney LV100 and I found two options for it: with 12" Celestion Rocket 50 and with HH Speakers, this one being cheaper because it's imported from England. My doubt is: which one is better? Does the difference of sound compensate the higher/lower price (the one with HH speaker is about 20% cheaper)?

Both can do about the same But I just can't have another solid state amp after being Die hard tube guy worked on and owned a lot of them Marshalls, Peaveys, Carvins, Mesa's, Solodanos , Fender just little bit of everything really, use to have a Bad *** Crate Excalibur that was an awesome Solid state head loads of gain lol and these new line 6 ss amps sound pretty decent I was also really impressed with the Fender Mustang

If the difference of price between them wasn't so considerable, I'd choose the Laney without thinking so much like this, but Fender is about half the price. Both doing about the same - plus my low finances - sure turns Frontman into a great option. I appreciate your help, pal; it's good to know that solid state sound is getting better.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.