Power source "adaptation" on guitar amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm making a vox ac30, but I got a problem here. The transformer that I have here, is a full wave (275-0-275), and the transformer on the schematics is a half wave...

Schematics: http://www.voxamps.com/downloads/circuits/ac301986.jpg

Here say that must have 345V on C382, and I dont know the specs from this transformer of this vox, but I think that this value maybe can be wrong.

I tried to change here the circuit using full wave retification, but I got only 274V, with the amp warmed and playing a song... I cant say that is a problem yet because the amp sounds good here, but when I finish the pre-amps and etc, maybe the power source can drop too much this voltage ...

Anybody can help? :confused:

No, the transformer shown in the diagram uses a full-wave bridge. As you have a CT you only need two diodes to get full-wave rectification. Rectifying 275V rms will give you something like 388V DC offload, but less when loaded. This is consistent with 345V loaded.

If you are only getting 274V DC from a 275V rms transformer then something is wrong. Either your circuit is wrong, or your transformer is much too small.

No, the transformer shown in the diagram uses a full-wave bridge. As you have a CT you only need two diodes to get full-wave rectification. Rectifying 275V rms will give you something like 388V DC offload, but less when loaded. This is consistent with 345V loaded.

If you are only getting 274V DC from a 275V rms transformer then something is wrong. Either your circuit is wrong, or your transformer is much too small.

Even using half wave would get you near the target. So, please measure the Vac in the transformer when loaded (ist it really 275-0-275?).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.