front end channel blend - have you tried it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm putting back together an old projector amp that has all the makings of a Gibson GA40. There are two 3/8 holes where two inputs once were, but I was considering filling one of them with a potentiometer, possibly even a dual-potentiometer. I thought, instead of making a separate input for each channel, I might make an input that was "blendable" - all the way left would be channel 1, all the way right would be channel two, and between would be varying blends of the two. I've thought to run the input into the wiper and the channels to either outer lug. I've thought to do dual ganged pot with one wired in reverse.

How would you implement it?

I figure in either case I'd have a secondary grid resistor for each channel in case the pot "opened up" one day. I thought a 2meg fixed resistor and a 2meg pot could be useful.

I'm not set on it - i'm aware of the attributes of having a channel switch instead, or two separate inputs for running effects through one, etc. But I don't really need more pedals on the floor, and the amp is small and will probably be run with another small amp at the same time - so one tone at a time is ok.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.