Help needed identifying 1962 marshall bluesbreaker (reissue) power tx connections

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I ordered said power tranny 2 use in a home build amp as it has GZ34 rectifier. Recieved tranny TXMA 00109. Connections on 1 side r 3x 6.4mm spade lugs being center tapped 6.3vac heater supply & 3x 3.2mm spade lugs(?) being center tapped 350vac a side HT supply. Also on this side r 2x black insulated multi strand leads (unknown). 5vac rectifier heater supply maybe? On the other side r 2 pairs of connections. 1 reads 4.2 ohms, the other 4.7 ohms. Maybe 2 halves of the primary winding, 1 at 120vac & the other needing to have the connection bridged for 240vac operation. Any help will b greatly appreciated. Cheers

Beats me. Here is your schematic - parallel for 120v adn series for 240v on the primary side. And here is the wiring for an older transformer. The resistances may be instructive there.

Attachments

• Marshall 1962 '89 reissue.pdf
    65.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Pt.gif
    Pt.gif
    12 KB · Views: 51
Thank you Enzo, that about wraps it up. The secondry 6.3vac heater supply & 350vac a side high voltage supply were unmistakeable, & the 2 flex leads exit the windings either side of the 6.3vac center tap & read 0.9 ohm, obviously for connection to the rectifier valve base directly adjacent to the tranny. I was reasonably sure the middle 2 connections of the primary needed bridging to put the 2 windings in series for 240 volt opperation, you have just confirmed this. Thank you. Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.