little help here

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all its me again... :)
this time I want to be help about eq... in my attachment is tone control using opamps... How to make that circuit work with jfet ??? why I chose jfet because I want solid state with tube taste :)
I want use it for clean chanel,but if any member want to help me with make me two chanel (overdrive&clean) i'll be more apriciated,and will use it all the time.... all input will be some big help to me...
thanks....

Attachments

• practicemaneq.gif
    practicemaneq.gif
    5.5 KB · Views: 92
thanks all ... But I mean I'm try to build that tone with transistor (j201) cos many schematics was using stack tone,in this case I want that circuit build with j201 or similiar,cos I thinks playing with transistor more easier than playing with opamp,what about that???

Actually the opposite is true!!
Opamp's are easier to work with than you lead yourself to believe !!!

I am not good at Jfet amplifiers but if you want to use a one in the circuit you can place a Jfet amplifier in place of the opamp as long as it inverts the signal.
I have no idea how to set or determine the gain of a Jfet amp but if it is not an inverting type amplifier you most likely will have an oscillator.

FWIW

jer :)

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
looks like a baxandall feedback control(active)
modded to have 2 bass controls
usually theres only one bass, and one treble
so the question is, will it work properly
or is it a theoretical design ?

hey, Im into trying one myself, and really interested in this :)

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
...... I want that circuit build with j201 or similiar....

will show up on google ;) by the hundred :D

I think the type of jfet you use is mostly determined by your voltage
j201 should be good for low voltage like 9V
other jfets may work better on slightly higher voltage
depends on how you plan to use your design
battery or regulated supply, outboard, onboard, built in, etc etc

well, I see the one in your tone control uses symmetric +/- supply
so I guess a low voltage battery supply is not your goal ?

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.