Which transformer wires are which?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im building a clone of a Supro Thunderbolt, and I've recently run in to a little bit of confusion. I sourced all my own parts, and power tranny I have doesn't match up exactly with the one in the diagram & schematic I've been referencing. Just want to make sure I don't screw anything up by guessing...

Can anyone shed some light on which wires go where?

Here is the diagram I've been referencing:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And the Schematic:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And here are the wires that are coming from my PT. The source of my confusion...

Anyone out there who can point me in the right direction?

These are just guess' but I believe that the green wire are for 6.3 heaters but instead of creating an artificial center tap with two 100 ohm resistors the green wire with yellow stripe is a true center tap.
The red wires are high voltage secondary and red with yellow is the center tap for them.
Yellow wires are 5v heater wire for rectifier.
Black wires I am assuming are primary wires.

An ohm meter should answer all of your questions so don't take my word on what wire should go where.

Thank you for taking the time to offer your knowledge. It's starting to make a little more sense now. So basically, If I wanted to follow the diagram/schematic, I could just leave the green center tap unused, and run the two other green leads to the pilot light, as well as the filaments and heaters?

One safe way to test a power transformer is: Get a little wall-wart power supply. With an output of about 10 or 12 Volts "AC" (10V more or less). Hook it up to what you think is the primary, measure all the secondaries, then use a little math to figure things out.

Repeat: an "AC" output wall-wart.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.