Standel SB15 Bass Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just joined the forum. I'm interested in building a tube amp for guitar, but, while browsing the threads I happened upon this thread on Standel.

I'm curious to know if anyone has used an SB15 circa 1970? It's a tube amp.

Also, would $600 be too much for it? 100 watts.

Could it be used effectively for a guitar, or will there be an issue with lack tone controls? It's a fairly simple amp. Treble/bass controls - volume - on/off.

Thanks for your input!

pic - grill cover is removed.

Attachments

• standel SB15.jpg
    standel SB15.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the links! That's a really cool site. Great history.

And you are correct. It is solid state. I was told it was tube. It's for sale on craigslist and the speaker also looks to be a replacement, not a JBL. The coil looks too small for a bass amp speaker.

Hey, thanks for the links! That's a really cool site. Great history.

And you are correct. It is solid state. I was told it was tube. It's for sale on craigslist and the speaker also looks to be a replacement, not a JBL. The coil looks too small for a bass amp speaker.

At $600 I think I'd pass, personally. The old tube ones do sound pretty great for guitar though. I have a carcass here I've been meaning to rebuild some day.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.