Kustom Arrow 16 schem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All, I will make this short, Friend has a Kustom Arrow 16 practice amp that blew a fuse. He replaced fuse and the amp powered up & held on until he plugged in the guitar again. Then he smoked a power supply capacitor. That web site manual is putrid, and nary a schematic or diagram in site. Not even reasonable technical spec sheet.
'Nuf said. I will do a due diligence and respectfully request a schematic from my fellow DIYers. If nothing turns up I will ask if he wants to
A) Rip out the electronics and replace with something more reliable
B) Use the cab as fire wood kindling or a table lamp stand
C) spend MY time point to point trace /replace said nefarious components:mad: this is the usual route

TKU and regards

You are approaching this way too hard. It's proably just...

- A generic power amp IC handling power amplification
- A generic dual rail power supply circuit with generic shunt zener regulators for the preamp voltages
- A generic preamp with one or two opamps in it

It doesn't really take ages to verify functionality of each part and you most definitely shouldn't need a schematic to do it.

So, it blows fuses, toasts power supply caps... Sounds like high current -related damages so probably not a preamp fault to begin with but something in a) power supply or b) power amp

...so the search is likely narrowed down to two sections to begin with. Fix blown cap, hook up to a current limiting device. Make basic measurements for the power supply: Are rectifier diodes working, are zener diode regulators working? Are voltages what they should be? Measure the power amp, it likely doesn't differ much from the application circuit presented in the corresponding datasheet of the power amp IC, basic principle should be the same. Does the thing work, are supply voltages correct, is there considerable DC offset in the output or inputs, etc. Just basic tests you'd perform regardless. You don't need a stinking schematic for that.

At this point you have probably found the fault already.

Thanks Teemuk, yeah I don't need a schematic probably, and only if someone had a schematic handy that would be cool..don't want to spend a lot of time on this one as it not really worth it. I am doing it for a friend, but the amp is only worth a couple hundred dollars.

Hi All, I will make this short, Friend has a Kustom Arrow 16 practice amp that blew a fuse. He replaced fuse and the amp powered up & held on until he plugged in the guitar again. Then he smoked a power supply capacitor. That web site manual is putrid, and nary a schematic or diagram in site. Not even reasonable technical spec sheet.
'Nuf said. I will do a due diligence and respectfully request a schematic from my fellow DIYers. If nothing turns up I will ask if he wants to
A) Rip out the electronics and replace with something more reliable
B) Use the cab as fire wood kindling or a table lamp stand
C) spend MY time point to point trace /replace said nefarious components:mad: this is the usual route

TKU and regards

Hi
I got this schematic from Custom, just wrote them @ service, described the problem and that was all.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.