Portable Acoustic guitar/iPhone amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There is à lot to read about guitar amps but i can't find any good info on DIY acoustic amps. If tried an irig but It is hard to get clear/clean sound out of this.

What I want to build is a portable battery powered amp with speakers to amplify a acoustic guitar and iPhone (at the same time?) for my mother as a gift. I has to clear sounding for the guitar and good sounding when playing the iPhone or both.

He is what I have: an electric acoustic guitar with a fishman preamp inside.
Here is the idea I have so far...a TA2020(family) amp with two full range speakers. A battery pack and a battery loader with safety on overloading the system. A volume pot and a rotary switch.

The questions is have.....do I need a separate preamp to plug in the guitar or is the fishman pre sufficient? Do I need a separate preamp to combine the iPhone and guitar signal. Can I use a TA2020(family) amp. Or do I need to go in a completely different direction with this?

You can gues I am pretty new to this guitar thing and more into hifi stuff. But I have some time on my hand and I thought it would be a nice gift.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.