Rat Problem tonepad

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I hope you are well.
I am new to the forum, my English is not very good, I hope they know excuse.
I have a problem with the pedal tonepad The Rat.

Well, after having a bad accident with the first attempt by Proco Rat, I decided to make the Tonepad, as many told me that I worked very well.

I did everything, PCB, soldering, etc.., But I get the same problem as with the first, if I put the volume pot half hummmmmm is heard, but the guitar sounds, if you put to the maximum or minimum disappears but the guitar does not sound either, I went crazy looking for what may be the error.

The first thing I did was to give the page Stomps, I was really going crazy this as more than 2 weeks ago I am for him and not get it to work. It will replace the potentiometers in case, but neither worked.

I hope I can help and can not find the solution anywhere.

The transistor is a BF245C, the diodes are 1N4148, the IC is LM308N, because here I could not get all the components that request.

I leave some pictures and voltage itself.

Thank you.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

9v Battery --- 8.51v

IC LM308N

1- 0.02
2- 0.80
3- 2.07
4- 0
5- 0
6- 0.74
7- 8.49
8- 0.02

Transistor BF245C

G --- 0.00
S --- 4.09
D --- 8.48

Mcgiver, La Rata (Tonepad's RAT) works fine.

First off all, you should be more patient.
Obviously, there are some errors in your RAT.
You did a good job, providing the IC, and transistor voltages.

There is something wrong with LM308N voltages. They should be something like this:

Pin 1 - 8.4v
Pin 2 - 4.5v
Pin 3 - 4.1v
Pin 4 - 0v
Pin 5 - 0v
Pin 6 - 4.5v
Pin 7 - 9v
Pin 8 - 4.6v

--------------------------------------------

BF245 have different pinout than 2N5458 that is suggested by Tonepad.

BF245's pinout

2N5458's pinout

Is your BF245 properly oriented?

----------------

You should have posted this at

[url=http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/]DIYstompboxes.com - Index
[/URL]

or

http://www.freestompboxes.org

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.