Behringer EP1500 w/ passive chassis?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Happy so far, but the fan noise, even after putting in a 24v fan (per digikey recommendations in a related thread) is still rather distracting from 10ft away. Perhaps the sides of the chassis have enough surface area to accommodate long narrow aluminium heatsinks... has anyone tried this or have any out-of-the-box/kit/re-box suggestions?

Maybe a big old-school finned car amp chassis to house the transistors and a separate box for the PS?

btw, I noticed the amp clearly sounds better after a mere dozen hours of break-in... upper mids and HF were pretty congested right out of the box with my albeit revealing XRT20's. Almost put it right back in the styrofoam but glad I didn't. Hoping it gets even better after a few weeks. Keeping this for sure... what a deal! But won't be satisfied until it's silent... or move closer to the beach/surf. Thanks in advance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.