Framus Cobra PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
actually it is not that easy to reverse engineer the PCB :p I have tryed it and failed, if you do it your own way you might get some serious unwanted hum or some squeeky noises just because of the capacities between the routes on a PCB. I am looking for an original photos of PCB so I can make it by my self :p I want to build the whole amp, I have already successfully built Soldano SLO100 clone and I think It's time for something more advanced now :)

IMHO there is not a whole lot of Voodoo magic in the layout of there PCB's, looked pretty standard layout. You can copy the part placement almost exact. I have worked on these amps before. If I can get hold of one I will take plenty of pics. I have as well started down the path of copying this circuit, although I combined the preamp and power amp on one PCB with the controls and EQ off the PCB. Lost the files when my daughter used my laptop and crashed it. Anyway in my opinion you can take the schematic, load in the appropriate components and layout a PCB and get good results. It depends on how savy and experienced you are a t laying out a PCB!!! Another thing, unless you or someone you know is a software/firmware engineer, you will not be able to copy the MIDI switching! Programmed part there. Good luck!:D

This was what I was working on, based on the Cobra.
3D_pcb.jpg

3D_pcb2.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.