line level tube overdrive ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, I'm totally new to tubes and making my own equipment, but I want to make a 12ax7 overdrive that I can use with my soundcard, so far, all I see is guitar-pedals or HI-FI preamps with a preset gain that is to low to distort, I was just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction or tell me how I could modify the pedals to work with line level ?

eventually i'd like to make an overdrive that could either use both tubes to drive a mono signal with a switch that'd make it drive two signals on individual tubes.. possible ?

show us a schematic and we will pass on some ideas. Can do this so many different ways.
for something bought an LPB2ube stereo tube pre-amp (electro harmonix) works, if you take out of one channel into in of other channel. If too much gain replace one or both of the AX7's with an AU7. Depends on how much soldering you want to do.
Have fun
JimG

I was going to make something similar but found one on ebay for less than the cost of the parts.
Had no qualms pulling it apart to see what was in there. It now runs with standard circuit but one of the 12AX7's swapped for a 12AU7.
And I can just swap the patch cables around to choose which tube is 1st in the line up.
Cheers
JimG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.