(DIY) 3.5mm jack adapter to 2.5mm output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I have a curly jack cable adapter, in which the male is a 3.5 mm, and the female -also- a 3.5 mm. So it doesn't actually make any sense for me, nor is it usable.
I lost my tiny piece to convert 3.5 mm jack to 2.5, so, I was thinking about:
1) Cutting the male jack cable adapter that I have,
2) Connecting old earphones 2.5 mm jack.

That way I could connect my electro-acoustic guitar jack to my PC, so I can use AmpliTube3. ^^

Concerning the fact that I'm not interested in buying a new adapter...
Can this be done the way I just said, or is there an incompatibility?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
RL.

Yes amp jacks are 6mm/ 1/4". you would have to fit a 3.5mm plug to plug directly into a Computer (PC) but beware computer sockets are stereo. You need to use a stereo 3.5mm plug.

"Need" is a strong word ... i'd go with "might want".
3.5 (and 2.5, and 1/4" ) phone plugs + jacks are cross-compatible mono or stereo. plug either into either and at worst, you get mono. Nothing breaks, and nothing shorts out (if the stereo source is not 2 ch with common ground, you cant use a stereo phone plug for audio out in the first place).

Since his guitar is probably mono out anyway using a stereo plug doesnt change a thing, and his stereo soundcard jack will still get two mono channels into his software.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.