Advice: medium power bass guitar amp/speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My friend is a full-time professional bassist and has used GK MB150s for years. Now she (quickly) needs an amp that will drive 4 10" speakers. She seeks a similar amp that will drive such speakers. Instrument is mainly a Klevinger bass for jazz/blues gigs.

She also is looking for a compact 4 10" speaker box. Portability is important.

I lurk here and respect the opinions I read. Is there a better forum for this question?

Appreciate advice,

t

Okay I realize my post was not really appropriate for this forum. We were trying to gather as many opinions as possible in a hurry.

FYI, after lots of auditioning, Ruth chose a SWR Marcus Miller 4 x 10" speaker cabinet and a TC Electronic RH750 amp.

Interesting foray into small high-power Class D amps and sealed bass boxes. Very totable, an imp't requirement.

d
Oakland

Dear Indianajo:

Yes, thx for that tip. On this forum, I lurk more often than post.

SWR is in Arizona.
Ruth's Marcus Miller Golight 4x10 is described below.
SWR® - STEP UP!™

TC Electronic is in Denmark.
Her new RH750 is described below.
TC Electronic

GK is of course, Gallien Krueger, but I bet you're familiar with that name. I hope she made a good choice. Me, I know next to nothing abt bass amplification, etc!

Cheers,

Tom
Oakland CA

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.