new amp head, just getting some feedback

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
today i purchased an Ashdown Mag 600 to accompany my nifty little Sonic 4x10 cab. my bass and i are very happy :D i was just wondering if anyone else here had experience with the head, and suggestions if i were to buy (or make) a new cab, or control selections, or any sort of effect that sounds fantastic with it. personally i like the sub-harmonic control on high with a gnarly fuzz, it adds some low end character to counteract all those nasty high-order harmonics that plague my unusually bright jazz bass. so yeah. also, preamp suggestions are welcome as well, that'll probably be my next project to get me working on some more intricate circuits

IMHO, this should be required reading whenever the words "bass" and "make cab" are uttered in the same sentence:

fEarful™ 12/6 & 15/6 enclosure designs - FREE! - TalkBass Forums

..of course there's over 10,000 posts over 11 thread continuations on the build--did I mention it's immensely popular? There's a reason why. ;)

If you don't want to weed through the megathreads, a lot of basic info on the build can be had on the fEARful main page:

fEARful™ enclosures for bass/drums/keys

From your post, I don't think you'd be wanting to use a tweeter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.