Help with dust cover re-gluing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You must use the proper type for the cone material otherwise it won't work.
Epoxy is much easier to use and works every time.

Just use it sparingly and apply with a toothpick or peice of small diameter steel rod such as TIG or MIG or a paper clip.

A solvent glue is usaly what they use and obviously it didn't hold to good.

Use a medium (30min) to long (2hour) cure time to allow you time to work with it.
If it is paper the super glue works great.
jer

Just regular ol' epoxy slow cure type.

The kind that come in the dual syring thingy so that you can measure the amounts easily.
I Know there are lots of different brands.
I have used Ducco on projects in the past and I have found that it sticks to any thing although it can be peeled of some plastics but it takes alot of force to do so.

I know elmers makes a product as does Gorilla brand but just read the label for uses and you shouldn't have any problems.

Just becarful that it doesn't run down inside the voice coil that is why I said use it sparingly.

And then when it cures you can put on a thin layer around the seam of the dust cap and then it will never come off.

Be very with the stuff as it can be quite messy and will run if you use to much.

jer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.