Tube guitar amplifier circuit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Someone could help me please.
I would like to build my own tube guitar amplifier between 10 to 15 watts, but my knowledge is not enough to make this reading a schematic.
Is anybody have a complete and full schematic for this with pcb design, electrical circuit and complete part list? I want to make this amplifier ind a pcb.

Thank you for attention and sorry my bad poor english

Hello, Paulo! I did a quick search and found some nice-looking kits here.

I would go the kit route for your first try; you have a better chance of success. And, it should be noted, tube amps carry LETHAL voltages and should not be toyed with unless you know exactly what you're doing. Another reason to go kit for your first.

Good luck with this project.

The best home build guitar amp site is www.AX84.com . They have lots of different amps on the site and access to kits for some of them.

:att'n: The kit approach is the sensible one if you don't know how to read a schematic but be careful! Valve amplifiers can kill. If you can speak to a guitar amp tech about valve amp safety.

Good luck! I love my home built guitar amps heaps more than any other amps. But I'm very very biased!:nod:

ciao

James

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

This probably isn't the right place to post this...still..., I wonder if the community would benefit from a dedicated guitar amp section inside diyAudio?

The way I see it is that, with all the onboard knowledge here on both tubes, semiconductors, xformers and what have you, the guitar amp builder/user may benefit tremendously...

Has this been considered before?

I wonder how the board feels about this...?

Cheers,;)

P.S. Any mod feeling to move this to a more appropiate section...please do.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Frank

As this is a little cross topic, it's probably best to leave it here until the thread gets going, as some of our esteemed Tube contributors would probably not see it in the MI thread. Once it is up and running, I will move it, so it is in an appropriate place for future searches, and the MI types who never go into Tubes get a comment. ;)

As for the separate forum idea, I think we are ok as we are at the moment, any further forum splits tend to loose the cross-pollination we currently have. But I'm not saying this will never change, who knows what time will bring.

pm/ thinks they should be called valves anyway...

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

Thanks, Al...you're fast!

Yes...I'd kind of forgotten we have a MI forum already.
I do notice elcectric guitar players, guitar amp builder posting here quite though...not that I mind.

As for the separate forum idea, I think we are ok as we are at the moment, any further forum splits tend to loose the cross-pollination we currently have.

Hmmm...you're probably right.

pm/ thinks they should be called valves anyway...

We love to confuse our US members with valves and tubes, right?
As far as I'm concerned, I feel the word thermionic valve explains it nicely...

Thank you and cheers,;)

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002

Attachments

• allseeingeye.jpg
    allseeingeye.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 232
Hello everyone,
I am new to the forum but I have been eyeing it for a few weeks as I plan my next tube amp project, previously having built only guitar amps.
I have a few suggestions regarding kits for guitar amps:
1)Hoffmanamps.com Great , fast service, good prices, lots of information on the web site and a great technical forum. I learned a lot here. He doesn't sell cmplete kits, but has the part lists, layouts and all kinds of info to help you. He also stocks all the parts. Order from him and it ships the same day.
2) Missionamps.com I have never bought anything here, but have heard only good things about his kits. They include top quality parts.
3) stf-electronics.com He sells nice kits for a good price, and also offers good advice by phone or e-mail. he does tend to have a slow turn around, I don't think he keeps everything he sells in stock.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.