Orange Bass Terror 500 question..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody..
I have a question for my brother..
Recently he ordered a Orange Bass Terror 500 amplifier from USA.. Naturally they shipped a 110v mains model while we use 220v mains in Turkey.. But my bro has NO electric knowledge and he cannot guess that situation before purchasing..
Anyway,
Now we have a 110v amplifier and there is no chance to change it. However as I examined Orange BT500 owners manual, it has a switch or jumper in its power supply for 110-220 selection. But I couldnt find it after a quick inspection inside of it. I saw just a jumper with a 110-115v notification (as you can see the bottom)..
Do you think its for 110-220 selection and it will be work in 220 after cutting this jumper?
Or anyone know something about that amplifier?
Every kind of information will be good for me..
Thanks in advance..

Attachments

• P110322_200855.jpg
    P110322_200855.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 91
According to this pic in the owner's manual, you close the switch for 110V, and open the switch for 220V. I'd guess you were right in post 1: with a jumper instead of a switch, you remove/cut the jumper for 220V.

You'll need to use a smaller fuse for 220V, and a much smaller one the first time you power up in case that was a bad guess about the jumper.

Attachments

• psu.GIF
    psu.GIF
    14.8 KB · Views: 95
Thats a good idea but my brother is ~800km away from here. And I'll help him via telephone while he's cutting the wire.. And if you consider he's an ignorant about the electronics its very hard to tell him to inspect the connections... As I said, he will cut the wire and put a series 60w lamp to the power line then try it. You dont believe if I tell how hard to tell him just these..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.