i would like to build a really basic tube amp ideas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well i have been thinking for some time to build myself a little tube amplifier.
i came accross an old real to real this week ofwhich i have got a number of tubes and parts from.now iam not saying iam going to use these .
its just really got me intrested ,and well i have been doing lots of research,in and around sites,and well this one looks a good one.

as an end result i will be looking to build a nice clean straight amp head,all being well lol .

ive tried various moddeling amps over the years but somthings telling me now i need the tubes .i play blues i like it clean ,if i want to add distortion etc i would opt for effects from another source .well i was hoping some of you guys would be able to advise me on possible nice clean easy amps ,to build with nice basic clean sound.i dont know if a kits the awnswer.i do like my own things,and i like a bit of originality.
any advise appreiciated thanks guys :)

Simon
So what make , model of the ol' RTR are you gutting out.
We can get a handle on what amp you could build if we have some parts.
We, you could come up with a schematic of said RTR so we can have some building blocks so to speak.
...........................................................................................Rick......

Simon
So what make , model of the ol' RTR are you gutting out.
We can get a handle on what amp you could build if we have some parts.
We, you could come up with a schematic of said RTR so we can have some building blocks so to speak.
...........................................................................................Rick......

hi rick .

well its an old pello scott or is it petro scott.
the curcuit im looking at has a.
mullard ECL 82 tube.a smaller mullard ECL 83.slight hard to see
as the metel sheilds rubbed the number.
also a mullard EM 81.
hunts capacitors and such on curcuit.
2 transformers ,hard to see any names or numbers.
an 32uf condenser.

so well with this ,ive been re born again.
silly old age i think lol .but i love to learn ,and well im find it it fasinating.
Also ive seen a clip on youtube how to build a killer amp.
i do like the look of that unsure if any of my new found parts will come in
handy or be useable,but thats all iam aiming for is well some basic clean,
tubey sound.

I now have taken my guitar playing,back to old style an id like the same out of a plain simple amp really .also thanks for any help :)

well its an old pello scott or is it petro scott.
the curcuit im looking at has a.
mullard ECL 82 tube.a smaller mullard ECL 83.slight hard to see
as the metel sheilds rubbed the number.

It's an ECC83, a standard double triode, the other ECL82 is a triode and power pentode, it outputs 2 or 3 watts or so.

I presume you mean it's a 'Peto Scott' who was an old, pretty minor, TV and radio manufacturer. I would imagine it's probably based on the BSR TD2 tape mechanism?. If I can find one, I'll have a look for an old Fidelity manual at work, it's probably very similar?.

It's an ECC83, a standard double triode, the other ECL82 is a triode and power pentode, it outputs 2 or 3 watts or so.

I presume you mean it's a 'Peto Scott' who was an old, pretty minor, TV and radio manufacturer. I would imagine it's probably based on the BSR TD2 tape mechanism?. If I can find one, I'll have a look for an old Fidelity manual at work, it's probably very similar?.

Thankyou very much nigel.
really apprietiate that information.
and well i can do lots more research,on the information you have shared.
thankyou very much .

simon ;)

OK, here's the circuit for an old Fidelity tape recorder, it uses an EL84 rather than an ECL82, and gives 3W output - an EL84 has a 'pa Max' more than double the ECL82.

I hope you might find it useful?.

Attachments

• fidelity3.jpg
    fidelity3.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 81
And, it's important to ask yourself if you are willing to build one from scratch or modify an existing one. The Epiphone Valve Jr. is cheap as chips and a good platform to start, of the Harley Benton version (which you can get at Thomann in Germany).
They both need work, but at least you have a cabinet and whatnot.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.