Piezo pickups and onboard preamp for Piezo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need help from the experts.

I’d like to install Piezo wafers and an onboard preamp to power the Piezo in a solid body guitar as I’m not terribly satisfied with the sound from the neck and bridge Bartolini magnetic pickups.

I’m looking for clarity, dynamic range and a low noise ratio and a non-opamp circuit with an adjustable EQ integral to the preamp.

My intention is to do an on/off/combine Piezo, Neck and Bridge arrangement to provide variation clean, clear sound output options.

Most importantly, I’d like to thank everyone in advance for your help.

this kit - K270 - TUBE PREAMPLIFIER KIT from Oatley Electronics is designed for exactly this job according to the build sheet.

I just finished building it and it comes with a piezo disk? So far I have just been playing around with it as a preamp to a Ruby amp and on a valve junior - great results. I plan on wiring up the piezo and see how it sounds on accoustic. Let me know if your interested and I could post some audio samples.

There are 2 Dip switches on the pcb which act as an equaliser of sorts. not very usefull for a guitarist as you want to be able to access these all the time - hard to do when its been boxed. I'm a newb so it may take some time to figure out how I could install a normal linear pot. If anyone could help with that would be awsome. The link above has the full kit manual for download.
cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.