Class D kits for bass guitar amp??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Jean-Peter, is normal that are taken from a lot of enthusiasm. developing new real amplifier (research to eliminate certain defects of all Class D amplifier) no classic schematics and not typical chip Class D use. this amplifier is not recognized as a big mospower class AB in an anechoic chamber by audiophiles (cd player direct connected). this is the greatest satisfaction for the immense work that was done by the team. PSU. research for this new architecture (2 years) solves some problems on Avionics parts. this alone could justify the investment. I am an engineer (physical electronics) and am part of the MDI team. when the commercial side is much contention as you can well imagine. But .. why do you ask? You are Hypex man, the market is free, everyone has their own products.:) You would have the same enthusiasm?

Regards

If the module shown (with PSU included) is the one that will be available around 300 Euros then the price IS competitive - OK.

Regarding PSU ripple compensation: Good ripple compensation is intrinsic to self oscillating class-d amps.
With carrier-based amps one soution is to amplitude-modulate the triangular carrier as a function of PSU voltage. Don't know how old this idea already is at the moment - but the first patent may be even old enogh to have ceased already. Would have to take another look at that because it many years that I had a look at that. The TI chip mentioned by 81bas is a fine example for a modern integrated carrier-based amp.

The same questions as Jan-Peter asked came up in my mind as well.

Regards

Charles

Phase_Acurate:
If the module shown (with PSU included) is the one that will be available around 300 Euros then the price IS competitive - OK.
---------------------------------------------------
if I have to be realistic, this is competitive even if cost 500 €.
a pair of these in a case (wood and aluminum) 1U or 2U, finally the audiophile is happy without spending € 6000:)
Regards

Hi, Good question...:) Normal a pwm or fixed pwm generate 2 phase/cycle (charge-discharge) RIPS is new concept (Rotary Pulse System), this generate 4 phase/cycle. (pre-charge,charge,pre-charge,disharge). This techonogy uses two pwm and time-controller(custom) very fast. on this amplifier,freq of pulse is 150KHz but 2st controller operate in side of this timing. result is >300KHz. the best performance is not high frequency but ultra fast voltage control (when transient current...requires. This technology applied to this amplifier very fast, is true of the impressive percussion or when used as a "guitar-bass" amp.

Regards

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.