Help with my bass guitar wiring

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys i have my bass checked after months of being away..

it has a passive-active switcher.. well i need help because when we opened the wirings at the back of the bass the violet-purple wire is disconnected thats why only the VOLUME knob works and the active thing is not working anymore.

it has been like this for about 2 months.

here are the pictures.. please help me..

Photo604.jpg

Photo605.jpg

Photo606.jpg

Photo607.jpg

Photo608.jpg

hi!
Oh boy... it seems as though your bass has seen better times. The wiring quality is not good, example: the battery wire that goes to the purple wire (not the one you're talking about) is not insulated, perfect for gettign shorted to other bare connections and what on earth happened to the output jack? It looks as though the wood had been removed... That's a pcb jack, not the type made for a musical instrument...

I'd offer to repair this for you free becuase doing it without information about the circuit board is very difficult. At least if we knew what manufacturer/model of bass it was then we could probably obtain a schematic. This would make things much easier.

I don't know where the purple violet wire goes, and I doubt anyone other than the company will be able to tell you with certitude!

Tell us at least what model it is, then we can go on.

hmm that seems to be a good idea, but if you have some ideas guys i will take it. just please help me, so far the bass guitar is now on passive mode, only the volume is the one that is working the 2 tone knobs seems not working, before it was working. Im really saddened after i knew that this is not wired properly, let me define more, this bass guitar uses a soapbar pickup. any ideas will help, if you guys can direct me on how to repair this it will be great. Thanks Guys! I put my faith and trust in your guys.

I like preiter's suggestion to touch the wire to a likely candidate. From the shape and length of the purple wire you may be able to get an indication of the area where the wire was attached. From the pictures it looks like it came from near the volume control. I see there is no battery installed so of course for the active part to work you'll need a fresh battery installed.

Well, I've said it before: Get a schematic. I can't believe it would be that hard to obtain something that is rightfully the owner's anyway. I mean, what kind of support does a company have if they can't give the customer a means to repair their product?

Just try contacting them. Orther than that do what preiter suggested.

hello.
.......can you find somebody with the same guitar and have a look inside?
if i may have a guess: the center tap of the pot beside the volume pot i would try first (see foto).
greetings

Hi there Mjf, thanks for the assistance. I will try your suggestion, sorry i just logged in due to weather disturbances this past week here in the philippines. Im trying your suggestion now..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.