Problem with Fuzz Face

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently built a fuzz face using the original schematic except with an led and transistors from small bear. it works in bypass, and when i engage it, the led comes on, but there is no sound. Also, I tested every connection with an ohmmeter and used an audio probe to try to see where the sound was and wasn't coming through, but it didn't even work when I just connected it to the input jack. But, the probe worked when i connected it to the input jack in bypass. does anyone have any tips for troubleshooting?

Yup, it's a re-post. Your time would have been better spent adding details to your original thread than posting the same thing.

You simply haven't given enough details. What transistors did you use? Why not tell us, we are not psychics? Are you confident that you know their pinout? Did you doublecheck your wiring and the polarity of the components? The circuit is pretty basic, about the only thing I see that could trip up a novice is that a mono plug MUST be plugged into the input jack for the circuit to get power and work, but if the LED lights that must be happening. I don't know what device you are calling an audio probe.

Hi. I have built a few fuzzes myself. Did you use vintage Ge transistors? If so, they tend to high failure rate. That may well be this issue. Also, you should use more than a basic ohmmeter to check things out relative to transistors/diodes. Forward voltage is far more indicative than simple resistance/conductivity.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.